Sunday, April 7, 2013

I am my own worst enemy????

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin'...

A friend of mine posted this story on facebook a couple days ago, it was entitled advice from an old farmer.

Several of the things that were listed were things that I have been told many times throughout my whole life, by my own momma and daddy. This particular one stuck with me and one that I hadnt thought about in a really long time. I am my own worst enemy...Nobody can tear me down more than I can tear down myself. I do it every day. I stand in the mirror every morning and look at myself and very quickly become disgusted with who I am, with how I look, with the decisions I have made in previous days. But why? The decisions that I have made were mine to make, did they hurt anyone else? NO they hurt me! It was my decision to allow my eating habits to get out of control. It was my decision to not get dressed that day and spend it in my pajamas... did it hurt anybody...no only myself. All these decisions are mine. So who can help me change the way I look if I am not happy with it... ME and ONLY ME! Sure my friends can tell me I can do it..and this is how... but its up to ME to make those changes happen. I have discovered over the last few weeks that I dont believe in me. You can tell me all day long that I am a good person, that I can get thru anything that is thrown my way...but I HAVE TO BELIEVE IN MYSELF! I have allowed what others think of me into my head and allowed myself to give up on me. When my friends walked away because my life fell apart for a little while and I have been fighting some demons, I allowed myself to believe it was my own fault. Maybe it was...maybe I should have been a little more guarded about who I trusted with my issues. Some of these people are the very ones that I thought would be there above anyone else, they were the first ones to walk away. Eye opener....very much so! But that is ok. It can only change me as a person if I allow it to. For a little while I did. But I cant make people want to be my friend. Thats ok. Maybe they just dont know what to say or how to help. For the record just listening would have been amazing! I myself have been guilty of not listening. I am working to change that. You dont realize that you have even done it sometimes, until its happening to you. If I have been a bad friend, PLEASE forgive me. Not that it matters to anyone else, but I have forgiven myself. I have started letting go of hurtful things of my past and allowing my heart to start the healing process. I never realized how much I was holding on to the past and not letting go. Instead of beating myself up every morning or basically every single time I pass by the mirror, I am going to tell myself that I have got this. I deserve to be happy, I deserve to smile and laugh. I deserve to hold my head up and enjoy my journey. So if you havent walked my path, endured my heartache, please keep your comments to yourself... I can tear myself down for the both of us...I dont need your help. As for today and from this day forward.... I refuse to be my own worst enemy....I will be my biggest fan...because I AM WORTH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment